Bed Linen and Fine Linen Care
Bed Linen Care
- Wash bed and other fine linens with a good gentle detergent. We recommend Le Blanc Linen Wash. Never use bleaches or detergents with optical brightners for bed linen care—these can discolor and weaken your sheets. Always dissolve your detergent in the washing machine before adding your linens.
- Don't use very hot water, or a hot dryer for that matter. Heat weakens fibers.
- Don't over load your machine, and if you have a gentle cycle use it. When you have completed the wash cycle for bed linens, run the load through an extra rinse cycle as this helps to remove any soap residue (lingering soap residue decreases the softness of your bed linens).
- Don't wash sheets and towels together, this leads to pilling.
- For stains, wet the area then rub Linen Wash right onto the stain. Launder as usual.
- To avoid pulls and snags, don't wear jewelry to bed and keep nails short. This goes double for Fido.
Other Fine Linen Care
- In addition to the rules above, don't use fabric softners on your towels. They will impart an oil that lessens their ability to absorb.
- If you have an unbleached, undyed towel that doesn't absorb, try putting a cup of vinegar or salt in its rinse water. The vinegar will remove the cotten's natural oils, which are automatically removed in white and colored towels.
Linen and Tablecloths
- For wine stains, we love Wine Away. Spray this magic on fresh stains and watch them disappear. Even old wine stains can often be coaxed away with a few treatments followed by washing. Here is more information on stain removal from Wine Away.